Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Don't stop decorating

STYLING WONDERS: I'm in the middle of decorating my bedroom right now, and I've been inspired by '70s style, think "Three's Company" and Mrs. Roper. Or, a better way to put that, is Fleetwood Mac. I've gone with a wicker chair and plush white rugs for my bedroom, much like those seen here, and I've added a mix of textiles to add depth to the room. Working off this old band photo, I chose black and white graphic pillows, similar to Christie McVie's blouse, to contrast with the white rugs in the room. The World Market iron wall hanging, above, keeps with the natural vibe of the wicker and wool. Last but not least, yurdan.com sells beautiful Uzbeki suzanis that make great bed coverings or wall hangings. They add a bohemian vibe to the room while still keeping things pretty. If you're scared to go too '70s, you can forego the wicker for wood, but try to stick with natural furniture to keep an organic feeling.

No comments: