Tuesday, March 18, 2008

On target

The latest designer line to come to Target is Jojovich-Hawk, a line helmed by actress/model/singer Milla Jojovich and model Carmen Hawk. Truth be told, I haven't been a huge fan of Target's designer collections. Heresy, I know, but I always feel like I can tell that the collections are pale imitations of the original. I was so excited about Temperley's line last year, and was sorely disappointed in the results, a mish-mash of trendy hippie looks with no compelling standout piece. But Jojovich-Hawk's collection is one of the strongest of the Go lines. It's also perfect for spring, as the looks are heavy on florals and flounces. The dresses are very cute, with forgiving silhouettes that would be perfect for a backyard barbecue or just hanging out in a hammock. They definitely make me yearn for Sundays full of badminton, lemonade and farmers markets. And what could be better than that?

No comments: