Thursday, November 29, 2007

Week two results are in...

I've never laughed so much during a "Project Runway" episode, and I've never seen the judges look so horrified at what they saw. The designers were challenged to create a look for Tiki Barber to where on the Today show, and the success stories were few and far between. Jack won for his head-to-toe pinstripes, but Kit and Kevin also rocked the challenge. I would have chosen Kevin's look for Tiki, but, according to Heidi, it wasn't manly enough for the former football player. The failures were more interesting than the successes though, especially Sweet P's horrific shirt; the collar appeared to be an origami creation. Carmen's look was also disastrous, she ran out of time to make a shirt so she wrapped a scarf around her model. It was beyond bad, and she paid the price and was sent packing. But one positive to take from the show was Christian's insightful comment about Tiki's wife, which one hopes will go a long way to encourage cross-cultural understanding and respect: "I love Asians. Asians are fierce." FANTASY LEAGUE RESULTS: Kate won by a landslide with the winning pick, she had 15 points overall, with Angy the runner-up at 6 points. It was a nail-biter though with Kevin a close second to Jack. Julia only had 5 points, but she nailed Carmen being obnoxious, and, I might add, a terrible dresser. I had the worst pick of the nigth with Sweet P, and unfortunately for Brad he tied my lowly score of 3. Andrea brought up the rear with 2 points, but once she's moved into her new place she'll bounce back quickly. Total wins: Kate and Rachel each have 1.

1 comment:

Live. Love. Recycle. said...

Not that it matters - kate still absolutely rocked this week - but not having anything to do with my life on a rainy day in a town where I don't know anyone yet, I had some time on my hands and came up with a different ranking. I think Rachel forgot that the MOB pick is 5 pts, not 3. God, I need to get a life.

Totals
Kate - 17
Angy - 8
Andrea - 7
Julia - 7
Brad - 5
Rachel - 3