Sunday, November 18, 2007

Fantasy league kick-off

WEEK ONE: The return of "Project Runway" makes me happy in so many ways it's hard to put my elation into words. The crazy clothes, the catty judges, the back-stabbing designers, it's perfect TV. So what better way to celebrate than to participate in a "Project Runway" fantasy league. Let the men have their football fantasy leagues, this is so much better. And participating is so easy. All you have to do is leave a comment, right here, by 10 p.m. every Wednesday night with four criteria. The first: Pick the winner of the challenge. (If it's a team challenge you get the same points for picking one of the winners as if it's an individual challenge.) Winning picks are worth 10 points. The second: Pick the designer to get the boot. (And that would be a round-toe boot this season.) Same as with the previous category, if more than one designer is eliminated you're awarded the same number of points for picking one of the casualties. Winning picks are worth 7 points. The third: A yes or no question, will Michael Kors use the phrase "Too mother-of-the-bride," or "Too MOB" for short. Winning picks are worth 5 points. The fourth: Will someone cry on the show this week? This pick is worth two points, with an extra point, if your answer is yes, for correctly identifying the weeper. A no pick will get you three points if correct. My picks for Episode two: Rami started off really strong, but the judges love to knock the top contestants down a couple of pegs, so I'm going to go with Victorya as the winner this week. Her first dress was sweet, if impractical. For the loser I'm going to go with Marion. Was he even in the first episode? He was that forgettable. As for Michael Kors, I'm going to go with yes. He's pretty hooked on this phrase. It seems a little early for tears, but I think there are a few sensitive (or psychotic) souls in this bunch. I'm voting a yes for tears, and I think it will be Sweet P. To help you out, here are the names of the contestants again, pictured from left to right above: Carmen, Elisa, Jack, Steven, Chris, Christian, Kevin, Simone, Kit, Rami, Jillian, Ricky, Sweet P, Victorya, Marion. May the fashion force be with you. Check back on Fridays to check how you did and where you stand in the rankings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first: I too love Victorya and think she'll go really far in this competition, but my pick for this week is going to be Kit because I think it's going to be a team challenge and she seems laid back and can lead a team without overpowering it.
The second: This is really tough b/c we hardly know them or what the challenge will be. I was going through the runway picks and don't even remember some of these hideous creations - the least favorite of mine being Marion's, so that's my call for who's to go - though I would love never to see Elisa again and I think Chris will go soon, too.
The third: No, he can't use it two weeks in a row.
The fourth: Yes, I think Steven will cry.

PS. Rachel, you'll find this funny, Ricky reminds me of my roommate - he has skill, but is totally lazy about it.

Live. Love. Recycle. said...

The first: Carmen wins! I didn't like her at first, but I thought what she did with the first challenge was notably interesting, and I saw her stuff at the Bryant Park preshow thing. I know I don't get a second pick, but Christian and Jillian are my early picks for winner overall. Christian won't win this week, though. He came too close to winning last week and seems a little cocky already. He's got to get knocked down a few pegs before he can really shine.

The second: Ricky loses. He's an underwear designer, which I love, but what is he doing on "Project Runway"? I wish it would be Elisa to go, but I think she's still interesting enough to keep the judges guessing and the producers nudging them to keep her around. By week three, though, she might just prove to be a little too kooky for this show.

The third: No. Maybe I'm just not paying attention, but is this really a catch phrase of his?

The fourth: Yes. Almost everyone cries this week. Isn't Jack going to tell us about his HIV? Specifically Jack is going to tear up talking about it. ... I hope.

Kate said...

My winning pick has to go to Carmen. I'm with Julia, her design has some merit to it, and I think she will keep doing interesting pieces. My second pick would be Christian, but I know we only get one so I'm going with Carmen!
The big loser will be Steven. His suit last week was lame, and boring! And I think Marion will be a close second to last!
The Kors comment, I'm going with no just because I don't think the challenge will be dresses.
Someone will definitely cry! I don't know what whats-his-name is going to announce, but either way I think someone will cry!

Kate said...

What the heck Rachel, do you have the inside track on this season :)
SJP OMIGOD!! Talk about wanting to pet her, in a non-weird kinda way if at all possible ;)
Ricky boo-fucking-hoo!
And Heidis best line: "Your look left us very sad!"